Episode 1 (GDW)
|Rōmaji||sono na wa wiido|
|Translation||his name is Weed|
|In other languages|
|Danish||Hans navn er Weed|
|Finnish||Hänen nimensä on Weed|
|Swedish||Hans namn är Weed|
|Series||Ginga Densetsu Weed|
|Publication and Animation|
|Directed by||Shinobu Nishioka (西岡 忍)|
|Airing Date||November 3rd, 2005|
His Name Is Weed! is the first episode of the Japanese anime series Ginga Densetsu Weed.
A decade has passed since the battle against Akakabuto, and Gin´s son, Weed meets a dog named GB and discovers the truth of his father from his mother.
- There are many events on the anime that are different from the manga.
- The anime includes a narration explaining the battle of Akakabuto.
- Smith teaches some puppies how to catch a fish
- The reason why Sakura left is different: In the manga, Lucy, Terry´s wife, lied to Sakura that Gin got injured and when Smith found out about Sakura´s disappearance, he left Futago pass to search Sakura. In the anime, a monster attacked Futago pass and Smith was tasked with the mission of escorting a pregnant Sakura to a safe place.
- Smith´s meeting takes place in the house of Smith´s owners after Sakura dies, while in the anime, the meeting happens after Smith scares the guard dog.
- The battle with the guard dog is different, especially with the outcome. In the manga, the Guard dog leaves in the middle of the battle after getting frightened by Smith´s presence. While in the anime, Weed uses the ]]Zetsu Tenrō Battōga]] to rip the Guard dog´s ear.
- Sakura´s death happens after Weed´s first meeting with GB, while in the anime, the event happens after Weed rescues GB and Sasuke from the guard dog.
- The reunion between Smith and Sakura never happened in the manga.
- GB´s backstory is not mentioned in the anime, although the part of Smith saving GB is mentioned.
- Smith goes along with Weed and GB to their trip to Futago pass.
- Many scenes are excluded or shortened, like GB farting after Nero smells Weed´s presence.